Real Christmas trees are where it’s at, and nothing quite beats the scent of a fresh Christmas tree. With these simple tips, you can make your Christmas tree last through this festive season. Keep your Christmas tree alive and create new memories that can last a lifetime!
Let’s face it; not all Christmas tree lots are the same. In fact, none of those other lots can top a Moon Valley Nurseries Christmas tree lot. After all, we offer freshly-cut trees that arrive daily at our nurseries!
We go above and beyond any other Christmas tree lot because we nurture and care for the trees so that they can thrive inside any home. What we do is cover them, and water them down multiple times a day. Doing this can keep them wet, and will keep the needles alive. We will make a fresh cut on the bottom of the tree, and by doing this, it will allow water to start soaking in and moving through the tree. We do all this so by the time the tree gets to the home of our custome, they have a very fresh tree with that aromatic scent that oozes Christmas cheer.
From tabletop trees to massive 14 to 15-foot trees, there is a perfect Christmas tree waiting to be taken home and decorated. With the proper care, your Christmas tree can stay fresh for up to a month or longer! Read about our tips on how to keep your tree looking fresh and smelling as if it was just cut from the forest.
- Choose the right tree – look for a tree with very few brown needles.
- Make a fresh cut on the bottom of the tree, and by doing this, it will allow water to start going and moving through the tree (we do this for you at our tree lots!)
- Wrap the tree up with some kind of covering for the ride home. Doing this can keep the wind from damaging the tree.
- Be sure to get the tree in water as soon as possible. A fresh-cut tree can consume up to a gallon of water in 24 hours, so be sure to fill the stand immediately.
- When filling the stand with water, do not let the water level go below the tree’s base.
- We sell a preservative that you can add to the water that helps to extend the life of the tree so that it can stay vibrant throughout the holiday season.
- Do not use sugar or soda pop!
- It is best to keep the tree away from direct sunlight, heaters, or fans because they can speed up the drying process.
- Try to place the tree in a dark and shady spot in your home. Doing this can help it stay fresh and can make your trees lights brighter, even in the day.
- A room humidifier can help keep the needles fresher, longer.
- Keep open flames away from the tree (do not place near the fireplace).
- Bursting the sap bubbles on the tree trunk can release the piney scent and keep it wafting through the air.
Buy from a reputable tree lot! Did you know that Moon Valley Nurseries tree lots have express-shipped trees delivered from our farms to our lots within 48 hours of cutting? It’s true. We have the freshest, most vibrant and aromatic trees you will find anywhere. People have made visiting our trees lots a family tradition for over 20 years. Find the freshest trees, including major varieties such as Noble Firs, Douglas Firs, Grand Firs, Fraser Firs and more, in sizes that range from 3 to 15 feet!